Merial Limited - Frontline Tritak-Dog-Dangerous Allergic Reaction
Switched my jack Russell terrier over to the Frontline Tritak after visiting my vets office & they no longer sold the Frontline Plus (which I've always given my dogs with NO reactions) Within 2hours after applying the first dose ever of the Tritak, my jack was loosing his mind.Running around like he was trying to escape from his own skin, agitated, as if someone was pinching him on the back at regular intervals; trying to scratch his back but unable to reach.
He honestly couldn't sit still for 5 seconds. Took him to urgent care at my vets office....where after $150 in charges, he was bathed & given a diphenhydramine (benedryl) shot to help calm his reaction. They said it was an allergic reaction to the added ingredient in the new Tritak product. I have since been online reading the reviews, and boy oh boy, do I wish I'd researched this ahead if time!
Apparently this is a common reaction in smaller dog breeds. I honestly never thought twice when I purchased the Tritak product as it appeared to just be a variant or 'improved' Frontline Plus product, which I had trusted the name Frontline for years. DO NOT use the product labeled Frontline Tritak it includes an added ingredient cyphenothrin which claims to repel ticks & start killing fleas, lice within 1-2 hours of application. Well in my case it quickly proved dangerous within hours!
Up all night with my agitated doggy giving him regular doses of benedryl to keep him settled.Very disappointed!129fdb4d review #435687
You may also like
- "We brought our 11 month old English Bulldog in because he was Lethargic and could not keep anything down. They sent us home with medication that he could not..."
- "We used First Shield Trio for two months with no problems. Yesterday was the third month so we applied the application as usual and our 8.5 pound peekapoo puppy started..."
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "These idiots have now contacted us 47 times after we have requested not to be contacted again. We have told them to stop calling us. We have asked them to..."
- "In short, AAA Texas customers need to understand that they are actually part of AAA Southern California, and are treated as such via their customer service responsiveness. In short,..."
- "People used PayPal to rip me off through Craig's list and EBay Moters for a travel trailer I was trying to buy..."
- "I went to the Denny's in Baytown on Garth road. They are the nastiest people ever they fix ur food after picking there nose playing in there hair and every..."
- "We ordered a pizza and wings, this is what our wings looked like...."
- "We ordered a baby change table 5 months ago!!! It cost $1600 and is supposed to be hand made quality?!? Finally arrives... After 5 MONTHS... And is badly damaged all..."